There isn't anything particularly magical in this, the TV just opens the same video as the one that was selected in the phone. No bluetooth or wifi is involved.
First, check if your TV is supported for this operation. Here is a list of supported devices:
- Samsung SmartTV and Bluray players (2011, 2012 models)
- LG Smart TV and Bluray players (2011, 2102 models)
- Sony TV (non-Bravia model, 2012 models)
- Panasonic Vierra TV (2012 models)
- Virgin Media STB
- Tivo Premiere
- Telecom Italia STB
- Western Digital TV Live Hub
- Toshiba TVs and Bluray players (2011, 2012 models)
- DENON Blu-Ray players
|This is what YouTube looks like your TV (the Leanback version)|
So, how to make the magic happen? First, on your YouTube TV screen:
- Open the YouTube app or go to http://www.youtube.com/leanback.
- Navigate to MY YOUTUBE, then move to the right and select Pair. To pair, you can use MeeScan or similar 2D code scanner for Nokia N9.
On your Nokia N9:
- Open YouTube App, or type m.youtube.com in the browser.
- Touch Menu Grid at the top of the Home page.
- Touch located at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the pairing code shown on YouTube TV. You may choose to enter a name for this screen in the second field.
- Touch Add Screen. On your mobile device, you can now select a video to watch on YouTube TV!
|Select Pair from the YouTube menu.|
|YouTube leanback pairing screen.|
|Use MeeScan to scan the 2D code on pairing screen.|
For more information on playing YouTube videos on your TV screen go here.